- Fishidy Privacy Policies – Last Updated March, 07,2011
- 1. Definitions
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into the Fishidy website at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses fishidy.com, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access fishidy.com but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on the Fishidy website that would not be included in the definition of "information."
- By connect” we mean having access to a home page and associated information related to a home page
- By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Fishidy or provide to Fishidy through the fishidy.com website.
- By “friend” we mean someone you share information with via the Fishidy Platform
- By "Fishidy" we mean (a) Outdoor InSite, LLC d/b/a Fishidy or fishidy.com, (b) our website at www.fishidy.com and any other Fishidy branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (c) the fishidy.com; and (d) social plugins, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By "post" we mean post on the Fishidy website or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "we," "us," and "our" we mean Outdoor InSite, LLC d/b/a/ Fishidy or fishidy.com
- 2. General
- 3. Scope
- 4. Minors
- We reserve the right to add special protections for minors (such as to provide them with an age-appropriate experience) and place restrictions on the ability of adults to share and connect with minors, recognizing this may provide minors a more limited experience on Fishidy.Web.
- 5. No information from children under age 13
- If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for Fishidy or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us.
- 6. Parental participation
- We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
- 7. Information We Receive
- Information you provide to us:
- Information About Yourself. When you sign up for Fishidy you provide us with your name, email, gender, and birth date. During the registration process we give you the opportunity to connect with people, places, and groups. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can provide other information about yourself by connecting with, for example, your current city, hometown, groups, favorite lakes, favorite lures, and favorite species.
- Content. People use Fishidy is to share content with others. Examples include when you post a report, upload or take a photo, upload a fishing report, or record a video, share a link, create a group, make a comment, write something on someone's page, or send someone a message. If you do not want us to store metadata associated with content you share on Fishidy (such as photos), please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
- Transactional Information. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on Fishidy.Web. This information is secure and is never shared.
- Friend Information. We offer contact importer tools to help you upload your friends' addresses so that you can find your friends on Fishidy, and invite your contacts to join who do not have Fishidy accounts. If you do not want us to store this information please do not use this service. If you give us your password to retrieve those contacts, we will not store your password after you have uploaded your contacts' information.
- Information we collect when you interact with Fishidy:
- Site activity information. We keep track of some of the actions you take on Fishidy, such as adding connections (including joining a group or following a lake), creating a fishing report, or adding a photo. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you share a video, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we might log the fact that you shared it.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access Fishidy from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
- Cookie Information. We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make Fishidy easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Fishidy.Web. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to Fishidy.Web. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into Fishidy, and to know when you are interacting with the fishidy.com, applications and websites, our widgets, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use Fishidy.Web.
- Information we receive from third parties:
- Information from other websites.
- We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us. We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn't see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements you see.
- We may receive information about whether or not you've seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
- If in any of these cases we receive data that we do not already have, we will “anonymize” it within 180 days, meaning we will stop associating the information with any particular user. If we institute these programs, we will only use the information in the ways we explain in the “How We Use Your Information” section below.
- Information from other users.
- We may collect information about you from other Fishidy users, such as when you connect with a Friend.
This section explains how your privacy settings work, and how your information is shared on Fishidy.Web. You should always consider your privacy settings before sharing information on Fishidy.Web.
- 8. Sharing information on Fishidy
- Name and Profile Picture. Fishidy is designed to make it easy for you to find and connect with others. For this reason, your name and profile picture do not have privacy settings. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your profile picture, you should delete it (or not add one).
- Contact Information. Your contact information settings control (available when customizing your privacy settings) who can contact you on Fishidy, and who can see your contact information such as your email. Remember that none of this information is required except for your email address, and you do not have to share your email address with anyone.
- Personal Information. Your personal information settings control who can see your personal information. We recommend that you share this information using the “friends” setting.
- Gender and Birth Date. In addition to name and email address, we require you to provide your gender and birth date during the registration process. We ask for your date of birth to verify that you are 13 or older, and so that we can better limit your access to content and advertisements that are not age appropriate. Because your date of birth and gender are required, you cannot delete them. You can, however, edit your profile to hide all (or part) of such fields from other users.
- Other. Here are some other things to remember:
- Some of the content you share and the actions you take will show up on your friends' home pages and other pages they visit.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.
- You understand that information might be reshared or copied by other users.
- Certain types of communications that you send to other users cannot be removed, such as messages.
- When you post information on another user's profile or comment on another user's post, that information will be subject to the other user's privacy settings.
- If you use an external source to publish information to Fishidy (such as a mobile application or a Connect site), you should check the privacy setting for that post, as it is set by that external source.
- “Everyone” Information. Information set to “everyone” is publicly available information, just like your name, profile picture, and connections. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet (including people not logged into Fishidy), be indexed by third party search engines, and be imported, exported, distributed, and redistributed by us and others without privacy limitations. Such information may also be associated with you, including your name and profile picture, even outside of Fishidy, such as on public search engines and when you visit other sites on the internet. The default privacy setting for certain types of information you post on Fishidy is set to “everyone.” You can review and change the default settings in your privacy settings. If you delete “everyone” content that you posted on Fishidy, we will remove it from your Fishidy profile, but have no control over its use outside of Fishidy.Web.
- 9. Information You Share With Third Parties
- Exporting Information. You (and those you make your information available to) may use tools like RSS feeds, mobile phone address book applications, or copy and paste functions, to capture, export (and in some cases, import) information from Fishidy, including your information and information about you. For example, if you share your phone number with your friends, they may use third party applications to sync that information with the address book on their mobile phone.
- Advertisements. Sometimes the advertisers who present ads on Fishidy use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks. Fishidy does not share personally identifiable information with advertisers unless we get your permission.
- Links. When you click on links on Fishidy you may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- 10. How We Use Your Information
- We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
- To manage the service. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support.
- We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Rights and Responsibilites.
- We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
- To contact you. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. We may include content you see on Fishidy in the emails we send to you.
- To serve personalized advertising to you. We don't share your information with advertisers without your consent.
- To supplement your profile. We may use information about you that we collect from other Fishidy users to supplement your profile (such as when you are mentioned in your post). In such cases we generally give you the ability to remove the content.
- To help your friends find you. We allow other users to use contact information they have about you, such as your email address, to find you, including through contact importers and search. You can prevent other users from using your email address to find you using the search section of your privacy settings.
- 11. Memorializing Accounts
- If we are notified that a user is deceased, we may close the account if we receive a formal request from the user's next of kin or other proper legal request to do so.
- 12. How We Share Information
- Fishidy is about sharing information with others — friends and people in your communities — while providing you with privacy settings that you can use to restrict other users from accessing some of your information. Fishidy will not share personally identifiable information outside of Outdoor InSite, LLC and its affiliates, however, information, in aggregate may, from time to time, be shared with third parties.
- We share your information with third parties when
we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services,
or when legally required to do so. For example:
- When you make a payment. When you enter into transactions with others or make payments on Fishidy, we will share transaction information with only those third parties necessary to complete the transaction. We will require those third parties to agree to respect the privacy of your information.
- When you invite a friend to join. When you ask us to invite a friend to join Fishidy, we will send your friend a message on your behalf using your name.
- We may also send up to two reminders to them in your name. When you choose to share your information with marketers.
- You may choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers that are not associated with Fishidy through on-site offers. This is entirely at your discretion and we will not provide your information to these marketers without your consent.
- To help your friends find you. By default, we make certain information you have posted to your profile available in search results on Fishidy to help your friends find you. However, you can control who can see some of this information, as well as who can find you in searches, through your privacy settings.
- To give search engines access to publicly available information. We generally limit search engines' access to our site. We may allow them to access information set to the “everyone” setting (along with your name and profile picture) and your profile information that is visible to everyone. You can change the visibility of some of your profile information using the customize section of your privacy settings. You can also prevent search engines from indexing your profile using the Applications and Websites privacy setting.
- To help improve or promote our service. Sometimes we share aggregated information with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
- To provide you with services. We may provide information to service providers that help us bring you the services we offer. For example, we may use third parties to help host our website, send out email updates about Fishidy, remove repetitive information from our user lists, process payments, or provide search results or links (including sponsored links). These service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
- To advertise our services. We may ask advertisers outside of Fishidy to display ads promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie, but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law under the local laws in that jurisdiction, apply to users from that jurisdiction, and are consistent with generally accepted international standards. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Rights and Responsibilities. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
- 13. How You Can Change or Remove Information
- Editing your profile. You may change or remove your profile information at any time by going to your profile page and clicking “Edit My Profile.” Information will be updated immediately.
- Deleting your account. If you want to stop using your account you may delete it.. You should only delete your account if you are certain you never want to reactivate it. You may delete your account on your account settings page.
- Limitations on removal. Even after you remove information
from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain
viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise
distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other
users. However, your name will no longer be associated with that information on
Fishidy.Web. Additionally, we may retain certain information to prevent identity theft
and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested. If you have given third
party applications or websites access to your information, they may retain your
information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
But they will no longer be able to access the information through our fishidy.com
after you disconnect from them.
- Backup copies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 90 days, but will not be available to others.
- Non-user contact information. If a user provides your email address to us, and you are not a Fishidy user but you want us to delete your address, you can do so on this help page. However, that request will only apply to addresses we have at the time of the request and not to any addresses that users provide to us later.
- 14. How We Protect Information.
- We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We also use automated and social measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior, may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse, may remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and may suspend or disable accounts for violations of our rights as set forth in the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- 15. Risks inherent in sharing information.
- Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on Fishidy will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on Fishidy.Web. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
- 16. Report Violations.
- You should report any security violations to us.
- 17. Other Terms
- Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States. By using Fishidy, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.